Directions: Visit the web sites below and answer the questions that follow. Use complete sentences for your answers, or note-taking form when needed. Record your answers on the activity sheet you've been given. Good Luck!!
* What is soil?
* From what is soil made?
* According to this web site, what's the difference between soil and dirt?
* What two things live at the ground level?
* What is topsoil sometimes called?
* What do decomposers do in topsoil?
* What two things can bring bedrock to the surface?
Click "Rocks and Soil" under "Earth Science"
* Point your mouse over the words “The BIG Idea”. What are the two ideas shown here?
* From what is glass made?
* Fill in the table on your activity sheet to show the three kinds of rocks and how each is formed.
* When soil is formed, what three things are given a great new place to live?
Soil Detective... What's In There Anyway?
Internet Scavenger Hunt
created by Mrs. Dingman August 2000
updated January 2012
This page was last updated on: January 23, 2012
2000-2012 Mrs. Caryn Dingman